Water Lovers, Bath Tubbers, and Ecology Clubbers,
Join the Ecology Club this weekend for kayaking and canoeing on Lake Chapman at Sandy Creek Park! Sandy Creek rents their equipment to fun groups like us for very low prices. No experience necessary! We will bring along trash bags to clean up what we can. Details:
Who: You and your friends (bring a friend!)
What: Kayaking and Canoeing (bring your own or rent for prices listed below)
When: Sunday, August 30th from 2-4pm. Please meet at Lake Chapman (directions on website) from 1:30 to 1:45pm. We may cook out afterward as well (more info on that tomorrow).
How: If you need a ride, or can offer a ride, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request/offer.
Why: Because you are awesome and we love you.
If: you need further details/directions call Mark at 678-787-8597.
- Entrance to Sandy Creek Park is $2 per person. This is a donation to help maintain our beautiful greenspace.
- All boats are for rent and sign up, details at the end of the email.
- Kayak/Canoe rentals are $5 the first hour, and $2 every hour after that.
- One person in a sea kayak, two in a canoe, which equals $9 for a solo kayak (2 hours + entrance) or around $6 for a canoe (2 hours + entrance), assuming someone is also in your canoe and paying the same.
Paddles and life jackets are provided. Again, no experience is necessary. Several of us are experienced paddlers and would love to give instruction. This is a great, low-pressure opportunity to learn how to kayak, but if you are nervous, you can’t go wrong with a canoe and a friend.
Devin will have his kayak and skirt and has offered rolling lessons for those willing to alter their reality.
Obviously if you bring your own boat or sign up for Mark’s, you only pay $2 entrance.
- Bathing suit (you will want to go swimming)
- Ziploc bags with your important stuff in them (cell phone, wallet, camera)
- Any pool floaties you have, games, etc.
The important part:
Everyone who needs to rent a boat must sign up using the doodle linked below. One person may sign up per kayak, and two per canoe. If we run out we will figure out how to get more.
There are 12 kayaks and 8 canoes (28 renters), first-come-first serve! See you there!
Kayak and Canoe Rental Sign Up Doodle
Mark and Georgia