To all coming out this weekend (yay!), here is the car sign-up doodle:
Nature Lovers and Fossil Fuel Haters,
Several exciting events coming up. In fact, this week we have an event EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. We are by far the most active group on campus, it’s pretty ridiculous. Jump on!
1. Next Ecology Club Meeting
2. EndNote/RefWorks Workshop
3. Awesome Weekend: Fall 2009 Edition
0.5. Unofficial: Copper Creek Tuesday night!
1. Next Ecology Club Meeting will be held this Wednesday, September 16 at 5:00pm in the Ecology building courtyard.
2. Diana Hartle will be leading us through the EndNote/RefWorks software and other library resources this Thursday, September 17th at 5:00pm in the Ecology building conference room (by the lounge). Everyone is invited to come learn how to make research and reference citing a breeze at UGA. Seriously, this stuff will blow your paper-writing minds.
3. This weekend is our first trip! Yay!
Where: Mark’s family’s cabin
When: Leaving Friday evening (Sept 18), returning Sunday afternoon (Sept 20)
How: Carpools (sign up will go out tomorrow, preference to meeting-goers)
What: Hiking, several waterfalls, and a birding outing Saturday morning guided by the Blue Ridge Bird Seed Company
Cost: We’ll cover as much as possible (food, rental etc.), but riders must compensate drivers for gas with cash (a.k.a. pile in!)
Mark’s family’s cabin has several beds, lots of floor space (bring a blanket/sleeping bag), bathrooms, a kitchen, a pool table, and a hot tub. The area is beautiful and we’ll try to get in as much hiking/outdoor stuff as possible.
More details at the meeting
0.5. Unofficial: Tuesday night Ecology pint nights at Copper Creek downtown. CC is all ages until 10pm, so come on down for some good food, local drinks, and great fellowship. (Just come before 10pm under 21s – once you’re in you’re good for the whole night).
You can call Mark at 678-787-8597 or Georgia at 706-206-0421 for questions or email us at email@example.com.
Or visit the website at www.ecology.uga.edu/ecologyclub
Love you all,
Georgia and Mark